In-person services resumed at St. John’s on Sunday, May 16th.
The leadership of St. John’s has developed a Regathering Plan. We will adjust these plans as needed and will regularly communicate with the congregation.
Read the Pastoral Letter on Covid Restrictions (June 29, 2021)
St. John’s Regathering
- Online streaming of services will continue.
- Service times are: Eucharist on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Evening Prayer at 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Before the Service
- All door knobs and switches in restrooms will be wiped before the service.
- Clorox wipes are available in restrooms with a sign asking individuals to wipes surfaces they have touched.
- Enter the Old Parish Hall from the Main Street door or the door near the Memorial Garden.
- Hand sanitizer can be found at all church building entrances that are in use.
- All attending must wear a face covering or mask. Masks must be kept on during the entire service, covering one’s nose and mouth. Exceptions are for those who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons and children under 2.
- Masks will be available for parishioners who do not have one.
During the Service
- The exchange of peace is to be expressed through gestures that do not involve physical touching, and worshippers are not to leave their seats.
- Communion will be served as both the bread and the wine. You may choose whether to take it in only one kind (bread alone) or whether you drink from the cup or intinct. Intinction (dipping the bread in the cup) is not safer than drinking from the cup. Those who are concerned about sharing the cup may take the bread alone, knowing it is the full body and blood of Christ. Those in the nave will be directed by ushers on when to come up to the communion rail and should take care not to crowd each other at the rail. Masks may be removed at the rail.
Modified Coffee Hour
•We have a table outside the new parish hall under cover for coffee hour after the service.
• We provide 2-3 different kinds of pre-packaged simple snacks as well as pitchers of water.
• We also arrange 2-3 circles of chairs in opposite corners of the new parish hall with 4-5 chairs in each circle.
• Peanut butter or cheese crackers
• Breakfast bars
• Granola bars
• Snack bags
General Safety Guidelines for all Facilities
- For the health of all in attendance, masks are mandatory in all St. John’s buildings at all times.
- Masks should be worn over the nose and mouth, fitting snugly on the face.
- Masks may only be removed by those speaking at the lectern.
- Wipe down all surfaces in the bathroom you have touched.
- Social distancing of at least six feet should be maintained at all times.
- The playground is open for children to use.
- Nursery care is suspended.