In-person services resumed at St. John’s on Sunday, May 16th.
The leadership of St. John’s has developed an initial Phase One Reopening Plan. We will adjust these plans as needed and will regularly communicate with the congregation.
St. John’s Reopening Phase One Plan
- Online streaming of services will continue.
- Service times have not changed, Eucharist on Sunday at 10:30a.m. and Evening Prayer at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
Reserve Your Seat by Friday Before Sunday
- Call the church office at 270-753-6908 to make a reservation with Janie by noon on Friday before each service. It is first come, first serve.
- Seating in the nave is limited to 60% of our capacity (per diocese guidelines)
- All seats will be assigned and socially distanced.
- Make a new reservation each week.
- If you plan to sit outside the nave in the Memorial Garden, audio of the service will be provided. Please call ahead to let us know if you plan to attend outside the nave.
- If you plan to sit in the New Parish Hall the service live stream will be able to be viewed
Before the Service
- All door knobs and switches in restrooms will be wiped before the service.
- Clorox wipes are available in restrooms with a sign asking individuals to wipes surfaces they have touched.
- Everyone will have their temperature taken upon arrival. If an elevated temperature is recorded (100.4) the individual may not participate and should seek medical care.
- Please arrive early. Our seating process will take longer than usual.
- Enter the Old Parish Hall from the Main Street door or the door near the Memorial Garden.
- Hand sanitizer can be found at all church building entrances that are in use.
- All attending must wear a face covering or mask. Masks must be kept on during the entire service, covering one’s nose and mouth. Exceptions are for those who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons and children under 2.
- Masks will be available for parishioners who do not have one.
During the Service
- Ushers will seat you according to the seating chart to allow for social distancing with 6 feet between parishioners, in all directions, with an exception made for members of the same household. Bulletins will be placed at your assigned seat.
- The Bishop has suspended congregational singing and chanting for in-person services.
- The exchange of peace is to be expressed through gestures that do not involve physical touching, and worshippers are not to leave their seats.
After the Service
- Please wait until the usher indicates you may leave. Please do not congregate inside the building as you leave.
- Notify Us If You Test Positive for COVID-19: All people who attended the same service will be contacted by the Calloway County Health Department.
General Safety Guidelines for all Facilities
- For the health of all in attendance, masks are mandatory in all St. John’s buildings at all times.
- Masks should be worn over the nose and mouth, fitting snugly on the face.
- Masks may only be removed by those speaking at the lecten.
- Wipe down all surfaces in the bathroom you have touched.
- Social distancing of at least six feet should be maintained at all times.
- The playground is open for children to use.
- Nursery care, Sunday School, and Coffee Hour are suspended.
Diocesan Guidelines for Receiving Communion
- Holy Communion will be distributed by the priest or deacon going to those who are seated. Communicants are to stay in place.
- Communicant and priest or deacon will wear masks as the Host is carefully shared without contact.
- The communicant(s) wait for the priest or deacon to move at least six feet away before pulling down or removing their masks to receive the Host.
- The Host is not to be placed on a communicant’s tongue during this time.
- Distribution of the chalice is suspended. Only bread will be administered for communion until further guidance is issued from the Bishop.